Monday, October 26, 2009

Cupcakes in a jar
















I have been fantasizing about starting a blog for quite a while now but wasn't quite sure how to do it and today I took the plunge! I'm so excited! My daughter will be so proud of me.



Ok, the first thing that I want to feature are the cupcakes in a jar that I made for my son's birthday. There are plenty of websites you can go to and get more information on cupcakes in a jar. You can either bake them in the jars or in cupcake pans (spray with pam and then add the batter) and then after they are baked, put them into the jars before you add the frosting. I made mine in the cupcake pans then gently nudged them out of the pans and put them into the jars. Then I took a ziplock bag and filled it with frosting (the storebought kind). Next, I cut a small bit off of one of the corners of the bag, zipped it shut and squeezed the frosting onto the top of each cupcake. Some will go down the sides also but that makes it look even better. I also addded sprinkles as I was putting the frosting on so that you could see it through the glass instead of waiting till the end to put them just on top but either way would be fine.



Then I cut circles of pretty scrapbook paper, using the middle circle part of the lid as a template and then glued the paper to the circle, added the ring and put the lid onto the jar. I also put ribbon and a party blower (got them at Walmart for really cheap) on top of each lid.



I made small jars (4 oz. jars) which just held one cupcake perfectly for all of the "guests" and a larger wide mouthed jar (12 oz) for "the birthday boy". I sliced several cupcakes in thirds and arranged the pieces along with frosting and sprinkles until the jar was full. His jar got a special bow. I sent these to my son at school and he really was thrilled. I think all of the kids really liked them.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! You could change it up for holidays, birthdays, bridal showers, baby showers or just about anything.

    ReplyDelete